Product Manager, North America – Electronics
Location: Richmond, VA USA
Summary / Scope of Position
Position is responsible for the strategic and tactical marketing of Weidmuller’s Electronics products in North America. Products may include: Industrial Ethernet, Wireless, Power Supplies, Relays, PLC Interfaces, Circuit and Surge Protection, Signal Conditioning and the active and passive products used in their deployment.
Position is the product authority within Weidmuller North America. As such it requires close contact with Weidmuller’s sales force, including industry managers, manufacturer’s representatives and distributors to offer solutions to customer applications.
- Assists and coordinates the development and execution of product marketing plans and related objectives.
- Generates product literature and marketing collateral
- Develops product promotions and advertising copy
- Generates and coordinates special pricing requests
- Provides input to Weidmuller Germany for product development regarding new product opportunities and markets
- Researches and tracks product market share and competitive positions
- Responsible for new product introductions which include Market Pricing, Product Positioning and Promotion
- Conducts analysis of competition that will include features/benefits, pricing, advertising, promotion and support
- Conducts product and application training for the Weidmuller sales channel, internal departments and, when needed, customers.
- Visible as the national product champion / authority, both internally and externally.
- Actively engages with the industrial electronics industry, distributors, customers and overall market to develop and maintain the highest knowledge of market served and related applications for existing and new products
- Participates in the annual strategic planning for the marketing organization
- Conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state / laws ISO9000, etc.) as well as Company policy and procedures
- Utilize strong communication skills and abilities to deal tactfully and efficiently with field /customer situations
- Teams with Weidmuller sales organization, industry managers, manufacturer’s representatives and distributors to grow markets, sales and customer relationships.
- Works and collaborates with Weidmuller Germany Product Managers and factory personnel.
- Team player who works well with Technical Support, Marketing Communication and Marketing Teams.
- Must have good writing skills for marketing communications.
- Responds promptly to customer sensitive issues to alleviate potential customer issues and generate corrective actions.
- Conducts him/herself in a professional manner when dealing with customers
- Minimum of four years of marketing and sales experience with electronic products for factory automation / process control and instrumentation.
- Effective presentation skills adaptable to various management levels
- Computer/PC literate with MS Office Products
- Up to 40% domestic travel with some international travel expected
- Four-year undergraduate degree in Electrical engineering or Business with electronics experience required.